Part 1: User Experience Strategy
Develop the skills required to conduct and recruit for an effective user interview. Draft a research plan and write a discussion guide for interviews. Compare products in the same space or in adjacent industries.
- Intro To Class & Intro to UX
- User Research (interviews and contextual Inquiry)
- Business Analysis, User Flows, Task Analysis
- Personas, Scenarios and Communicating User Research
Part 2: User Experience Design
Use research to create an affinity map that identifies trends and insights within your research findings and create personas that reflect the target audience. Apply sketching techniques to ideate through solutions.
- Sketching, Wireframes & Layout
- Information Architecture, Sitemaps & Navigation
- Interaction Design, Mobile Patterns & Visual Design
- Prototyping, Usability & User Testing
Part 3: Product Management
Explore methods for organizing complex and diverse types of content. Discuss struggles with feature prioritization and vision alignment and how to address them.
- Feature Prioritization & MVP
- Business Model Canvas
- SDLC and PM Models
- Contracts, Business Models, Equity and Valuation
Part 4: Tech & Portfolios
Describe the respective technical capabilities of responsive sites and native mobile apps. Evaluate options and choose what format is most advantageous to your final project.
- App and Game Development Strategies
- Final Project Presentations
- Portfolio Workshop
You will apply the methods and techniques learned in class to a real Mango Concept client project. This client work will be broken into 4 distinct sections correlating to the 4 main topics of class; User Experience Strategy, User Experience Design, Product Management and Technology Development. This work will then be turned into a professional portfolio case study for the use of finding employment.